My third chemical app – Heterocyclic Compounds.
The English description:
Heterocycles are parts of:
* Biomolecules (nucleic bases in your DNA and RNA; amino acids Histidine and Tryptophan)
* Important drugs (80% of top-selling drugs contain heterocycles: benzodiazepines, quinine, penicillin, etc.)
* and even Food (sugar has heterocyclic rings too!)
That’s why it’s so useful to know the structures of major heterocyclic compounds for molecular biologists, pharmacists, organic chemists and for general public interested in what the stuff is made from.
This app is the unique place to learn the structures and names of 80+ heterocycles.
* Entertaining letter quiz ‘Structure – Name’
* Nitrogen, oxygen, and sulfur heterocycles
* Everything from Purine to Pyridine
1. This app has a bit aggressive “watermelon” design and its goal is not only to teach millions of iOS users about heterocyclic structures but also test the simplest possible “letter quiz” model. There is one linear mode. No flashcards, no tables. The IAP just removes the ad banner.
The review time now is slightly longer than 1 week.
– One linear mode of 81 heterocycles with random questions after finishing the whole sequence
– English and Russian localizations
– Games – Educational / Word category
icons for buttons were downloaded from iconmonstr or were created with Font Awesome.