March 25, 2014 · 5:05 pm
The Greek Letters and Alphabet 2 was approved and released yesterday together with Carboxylic acids. Now I’d like to write briefly about the first one.
Many (7.5) months ago, I published my second app called Greek Letters and Alphabet. I didn’t expect much from it, but it turned out to be fine. Especially, after it accumulated 10+ positive ratings and I made it a paid app. When I thought about updating it, I had two options. But the normal update to v. 1.1 would hide the rating history and I planned more serious changes in the quiz modes that would require the complete rework of the main menu. So I decided to go with the second option and release Greek Letters and Alphabet 2.
The English description of the game is the following:
It is a perfect app to learn Greek letters and alphabet. Choose the way of studying that suits you the best:
* Quiz “Find the Letter”
* Quiz “Name the Letter”
* Greek alphabet table
* Example of the usage of Greek Letters in math and science
* Time modes, multiple-choice questions (in Greek Letters and Alphabet 1)
Alpha, beta, gamma, and go on!
– The app is localized to 8 languages (vs. 2 languages in the first part)
– I used the same color in its design, but there are no ornaments, dragons, and the stuff
icons for buttons were downloaded from iconmonstr or were created with Font Awesome.
November 5, 2013 · 10:53 pm
The third fruit in fruHarvest is a peach. It’s also on the app’s icon. Today I’ll write about the review times for applications submitted to the App Store. It usually takes about a week before the status “Waiting for Review” changes to “In Review”. This website shows daily estimates: between 2.99 days on Aug. 9 and 8.45 days on Jan. 7 in this year. Let’s compare with waiting times of my apps:
Monster! What Color is It? Take a Quiz!
Version 1.0 – Submitted: Jun 7, 2013 – Reviewed: Jun 14 (7 days) – approved
Version 1.1 – Submitted: Aug 7, 2013 – Reviewed: Aug 12-13 (5-6 days) – approved
Continue reading →
August 7, 2013 · 7:09 pm
I am currently watching the performance of Greek Letters and Alphabet, updating What Color is This Monster?, and developing fruHarvest. A couple of words about each project.
Continue reading →
Filed under Developer Blog
Tagged as 1000 apps, ads, frucolor, fruharvest, future plans, greek letters, keywords, marketing, monster!, update, what color is this monster
July 31, 2013 · 3:14 pm
After an intense week of the development, waiting for the availability of Apple certificates, and initial rejection due to unchecked IAPs, are finally available on the App Store.
Let me copy the description of the game (game? or an educational app?) here:
From Alpha to Omega. We guarantee that you’ll learn all Greek letters after finishing all 8 training and entertaining game modes.
– Learning Greek and reading Homer in original;
– Joining a Greek fraternity or sorority (ever wondered what those ΦΛΥ stand for?);
– Studying science classes (math, physics, chemistry – there are Greek symbols in every formula!);
– Traveling to Greece or Cyprus (to understand signs and names);
– Wanting to learn more about other cultures and impress buddies by knowing letter ω.
– All 24 Greek letters: uppercase and lowercase;
– 8 game modes to learn Greek letters quickly and happily;
– Tutorial with all letters arranged in an alphabetical order;
– Eye-catching design in traditions of the red-figure pottery of Ancient Greece.
Can you distinguish Chi and Xi? Test yourself right now!
Enjoy the game! Learn Greek letters with my app!
I’ll write more about the development, uploading, and first downloads later .
July 22, 2013 · 11:14 pm
Search for the best chemistry-related words brought an interesting discovery. There are still a lot of words with a high user traffic and relatively few apps associated with them. I noticed it accidentally for several Greek letters and an idea of a quiz about Greek alphabet came into my mind.
Continue reading →