The app Carboxylic acids was released on Monday together with Greek Letters and Alphabet 2 and it was featured as a new free app in the Games/Word category for a couple of days. I got 250 downloads yesterday that is very good for so specific topic. Well, if people in Apple like “smart” apps, I’m ready to create many apps about different chemistry topics. We’ll see.
The English description of the app is the following:
Carboxylic acids and esters are one of the most important classes of organic compounds. They are everywhere:
* in food (citric acid; vinegar = a solution of acetic acid);
* in drugs (aspirin = acetylsalicylic acid);
* in fats (triglycerides are esters of fatty acids and glycerol);
* in plastics (polyesters);
* in biochemistry (transformation of pyruvate through the citric acid cycle);
* and even in ants 🙂 (formic acid)
Learn structures and trivial names of 50 most important carboxylic acids and their esters and salts.
* Aliphatic saturated acids
* Unsaturated and substituted acids
* Di- and tricarboxylic acids
* Aromatic acids
* pKa values of all acids!
All modes are available for free (though all flashcards require in-app-purchase), but one has to give a certain number of correct answer in first modes to open the next ones.
icons for buttons were downloaded from iconmonstr or were created with Font Awesome.